Thursday, July 29, 2010

VIP Memphis Magazine July 2010: Letter from the Editor



This month in honor of Independence Day and the summer heat, six local bartenders have shared their chilled red, white and blue drink recipes for you to serve during your own events and festivities. We’ve named these sweet refreshing drinks “Essence of Summer”.

And speaking of summer, I visited Vignettes new showroom and found several summer color choices that I would like to include into my own home design. You can read more about Vignettes’ color recommendations in our Spaces +.

I had the opportunity to sit down with Chef Ben Vaughn of Au Fond Farmtable and learn a bit of history about his culinary experiences and how they led him to open a French market and bistro in midtown Memphis. I can’t wait to begin attending his weekly cheese classes, and I recommend you do the same.

June has been a whirlwind of many firsts for me, including a road trip down the west coast with my husband, a family wedding at the Malibu Family Winery and of course, the editorial responsibility for VIP Memphis magazine. I am so excited about the upcoming opportunities and I have had a blast this past month attending and sponsoring some of the greatest events of the season. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation celebrated Memphis’ Finest Young Professionals which we were honored to be presenting sponsors. I had the chance to get to know Nancy Nichols, organizer for Women ‘n’ Wine this month. Also, I will be joining the Women + Running group this season and will be writing about my progress in upcoming months.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July and enjoy the issue!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment