Friday, July 16, 2010

Women + Running Registration

Today is day one of MRTC's Women + Running program at Shelby Farms. My mom and I have registered for the program - me for Beginning Runners and her for Power Walkers (because she broke her shoulder 4 weeks ago and has not been approved to run yet by her physical therapist). Here we are at registration last week:



Teams are organized into Power Walkers, Beginning Runners, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2 and Advanced Levels. Registration is going on so there is still time to sign up at womenrunwalkmemphis.com.

My goal is to build up to running the graduation 5K after 9 weeks of training with local running coaches. My coach will actually be my River Workout trainer Stacy Chick - how lucky am I? She actually helped me pick out shirts, socks and a new pair of kicks from Breakaway Running.

Today, we will run 1 minute then walk 2 minutes for a total of 20 minutes. This shouldn't be too hard.

Check back next week for my progress report!

No comments:

Post a Comment