Friday, July 23, 2010

Women + Running Week One

Week one turned out to be a lot of fun. I heard that out of 1,500 registrations approximately 600 of them joined the Beginning Runners group...I'm impressed Memphis! Pictured below is me and River Workout instructor, and my personal trainer, Stacy Chick. Thanks again to Stacy and Breakaway Running for providing me all the swag to keep me cool and dry this running season.



I ran three days of week one at the pace of 1 minute run, 2 minute walk. Week two steps up a notch to a pace of 2 minutes run, 3 minutes walk. I tried that yesterday on a treadmill and it actually wasn't so bad, except for the minor shin splints I got last week. Let's just see if I can add heat and humidity and keep up the pace this evening. Hope the rain holds off until after the run.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Um! HI!!! Glad you posted a link on Facebook!! You'll do great with the running! I'm doing the Get Running iPhone app and am starting week 8...running 25min straight! It's so addicting!! Keep me posted on how it goes, we'll have to go on a jog together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and I'm so proud of you! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete